Skip to main content

Changing hats

Hello guys, I'm changing hats. By October my exile in England should be over and at that point I will need to concentrate full time on the things I do best.

Those are media things. So I am taking over as communications director of the club and essentially co-ordinating the awesome, multi skilled crew of content and production guys we have around.

I will be tweeting less from @fargogreenarmy and more from @fcfargomedia as this transition continues - let me know if leading the Green Army appeals to you.

I have never been a regular blogger, and have basically been keeping the Fargo Green Army present in the conversation until we as a group can find someone more able and comfortable to engage with everything that leading a Supporters Group requires.

As a young club, most of us founders club members are also staff - like a good non-league club here in England we help out wherever we can to keep the lights on and our players on the pitch.

As we grow, I feel we will see the development of distinct groups of fans (whose main commitment to the club is game attendance and passion) FGA members/founders (who are essentially small scale investors, but also passionate and hard working fans of the club) and staff (who, you would hope would also love FC Fargo as much as they love working for it)

At present, I believe the FGA members are mostly fans and not necessarily founders, but to support a new team is to invest in its potential, so if you are an FGA follower and not yet a founder, come join the club.

Which of those three tiers you fit, you can explore here:
http://www.fcfargo.com/tickets/

Our season is coming to a close but if you say hi now, we'll keep you informed during the build up to our inaugural league season - in the Midwest Conference of the ASL2.

Thanks for your support so far this season, and I look forward to keeping you all informed.

Tim Abbott

Interim head of the Fargo Green Army
Incoming director of communications at FC Fargo.

Comments