Skip to main content

Distance, parting and the passing of Jim Hart

Other people have said much, she said it much better than me...but my good friend Jim Hart has died. The cause has not yet been released although he had his own share of health troubles in the past and was also somewhat of a workaholic, so that may have contributed.

At a time when FC Fargo was growing from a young seedling of an idea in Tim Singleton's mind into a functioning club, Jim's ebullient presence on social media - and in the American non league scene in particular - brought him to my attention and brought him on board as a member of the Essential Green Founders Club, the founding investors in that short-lived venture. Why a guy from Colorado wanted to help out a Fargo-Moorhead club would be a mystery if you discount the giant heart that Mr Hart had.

In also being a Founder and the club's Comms Director, I got to know all the Founders but Jim in particular. We spoke about cats, Celtic traditions, Iceland and everything football and we spoke about England.

He was a seemingly unlimited source of informed opinion on the world. Reading his obits, you really do discover how he was different things to different people. He was a good friend during a migration process which would make anyone fractious and on the looming third anniversary of my arrival, I will miss being able to share my travel tales with him.

As blogs do, I'm obviously getting self-indulgent but my thoughts are also with those he leaves behind...although I believe his energy will be felt long after he has left this plain.

Ok, this is already longer than I had intended. He was an Elder and I'm happy to have known him. As the seemingly never ending football season shifts its focus to Europe, his absence will leave a deafening silence.

Love and peace to you all.

Comments