Skip to main content

The grassroots can be wide

Covering amateur soccer requires a) knowledge of the high school and college rosters and coaches and b) knowledge of a myriad of small towns and/or suburbs and c) some knowledge of international geography. Ideally, clubs pick up some of the slack and provide biographical details for players but often it is the colleges, local papers and research that fill in the blanks and as a new season approaches I apologise for any lack in bios as part of my club role and ask for forgiveness for player name mispronounciation when I haven't had the chance to get a definitive version. I hope to be able to chase those down, in particular. At least for my club and primary beat, Fusion.

I'm looking forward to tracking those guys from country A via college B into home town C but also those guys like Jade Johnson who are synonymous with a particular town.

See you guys later.

Tim

Comments